The Finnish Social Science Data Archive archives and disseminates quantitative and qualitative research data in digital format.
Browse Datasets grouped by type
FSD's online data service Aila facilitates access to data. Users can download data online, according to the conditions set for each dataset.
Study descriptions can be browsed and sorted by title, topic, keyword or series. Browsing our data catalogue is possible even without registration.
Recent Data Releases
- Finnish Experiences of Volunteering with Asylum Seekers 2018-2019
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Finnish Cultural Sector 2021
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Finnish Cultural Sector 2020
- Depression and Suicidal Thoughts 2019
- Social Workers' Experiences of Political Positions of Trust 2020
- Alcohol and Drug Survey 2018
- Finnish Views on the Copyright System 2019
- Experiences on Partner's Mental Health Problems in Families with Children 2020
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Data Service Portal Aila
Aila provides access to data archived at the Finnish Social Science Data Archive, free of charge.
There are more than 1,600 datasets on Aila and approximately 1,300 of them are quantitative. There are currently about 3,000 registered Aila users and they include users from all Finnish universities and polytechnics as well as some institutions abroad. Roughly ten percent of all Aila users are from outside Finland.
Conditions of use apply to most datasets on Aila and downloading them requires registration. There are some 90 datasets on Aila that are freely available to all users without registration. Quantitative datasets are translated into English on request.
Data by Theme
The data by theme pages contain information on data series and datasets on a variety of themes, such as environment and energy, crime, equality and impartiality, Finnish elections, and health.
The listed datasets mainly comprise survey data charting attitudes and opinions.Explore Data by Theme
A great deal of international comparative datasets and individual datasets collected from different countries in various research programmes are available on their respective websites. This list contains links to the websites of some notable surveys, research programmes and data centres. All links will open in new tab.