Environment and Energy
FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on environment and energy.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Stakeholders' Perceptions of the Nord Stream 2 Project 2019
- European Values Study 2018-2019: Swedish-Speaking Finns
- EVA Survey on Finnish Values and Attitudes Winter 2019
- e2's Survey on Values and Attitudes 2016
- European Climate Services User Survey (EU-MACS) 2017
- European Values Study 2017: Finnish Data
- Housing Preferences in New Detached Housing Areas in Rural-Urban Interaction Zones 2013
- Finnish Youth Survey 2016: Additional Data from the Helsinki Region
- School Security Survey 2016
- Forest Owners' Views on Forest Biodiversity Programme METSO and Forest Use 2014
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
FSD2355 Deliberative Discussion on Nuclear Power 2006
The data contain the responses of five surveys conducted in connection with the deliberative experiment called Citizen Deliberation, an experiment on democratic deliberation culminating in an actual deliberation day organised in Turku in November 2006.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on environment and energy should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA. The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.