Equality and Impartiality
FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on equal treatment and impartiality.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset.
Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Data Archive and we encourage you to use keyword search more datasets on the subject on Aila. In addition, datasets suitable for research on the theme may be found from other European data archives by using CESSDA Data Catalogue (Opens in new tab).
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, all related materials are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Quantitative study: EVA Survey on Finnish Values and Attitudes Autumn 2021
- Qualitative study: Forced Migrants' Experiences of Family Reunification 2018-2020
- Quantitative study: Accessibility in Basic Education in the Arts 2018
- Quantitative study: Welfare and Inequality in Finland 2020
- Qualitative study: Interviews with Employees and Entrepreneurs in the Private Sports and Physical Activity Sector …
- Quantitative study: Parish Employee Survey 2019
- Quantitative study: Parish Elected Officials Survey 2019
- Quantitative study: PROMEQ: Health and Well-being of Vulnerable Groups in Society 2016-2018: Combined Data
- Quantitative study: PROMEQ: Health and Well-being of People Aged 65 and Over 2017-2018
- Quantitative study: PROMEQ: Health and Well-being of Immigrants 2017-2018
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Datasets on the theme
FSD3436 PROMEQ: Health and Well-being of Vulnerable Groups in Society 2016-2018: Combined Data
This dataset consists of the combined responses from all respondent groups to the baseline and follow-up surveys collected in Finland as part of the Inclusive Promotion of Health and Wellbeing (PROMEQ 2016-2019) research project, which studied population groups that need special support.
FSD3345 Gender Equality Barometer 2017
The survey focused on attitudes, opinions and experiences related to gender equality in different spheres of life in Finland. The main focus was on equality in working life, education and family life.
FSD2183 Women's Representation in National Parliaments 1970-2010
The study charted the percentage share of women representatives in national parliaments from the year 1970 to the year 2010.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on equal treatment and impartiality should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland (Opens in new tab) also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Research data produced in Finland may also be searched via the Fairdata.fi Etsin (Opens in new tab) . Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA (Opens in new tab) . The UK Data Service (Opens in new tab) has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (Opens in new tab) . The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR (Opens in new tab) are also well worth searching.