FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on elections.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Social Research Students' Views on Forming Political Opinions 2020
- Festival Barometer 2014-2016
- Small Festival Visitors 2013
- Finnish Municipal Election Candidates 2017: Finnish and Swedish Speakers
- European Values Study 2018-2019: Swedish-Speaking Finns
- EVA Survey on Finnish Values and Attitudes Winter 2019
- European Values Study 2017: Finnish Data
- News Articles about Finns Party Members Convicted of Hate Speech 2016-2017
- European Parliamentary Elections 2014: Candidate Responses to YLE Candidate Selector
- European Parliamentary Elections 2014: Candidate Responses to Helsingin Sanomat Candidate Selector
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Datasets on the theme
FSD3067 Finnish National Election Study 2015
Finnish National Election Study 2015 charted the political participation, political attitudes, party allegiance, candidate and party choice, and voting behaviour of Finns.
FSD2675 Election Funding of Finnish MPs 2011
The study provides information on the campaign financing and costs of the elected Members of Parliament and appointed Deputy Members.
FSD2630 Follow-up on Parliamentary Elections 2011
The survey studied citizens' voting behaviour right after the 2011 parliamentary elections in Finland.
FSD2431 Parliamentary Elections 2007: Swedish-speaking Finns
The survey charted the voting behaviour of Finland's Swedish-speaking minority.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on elections should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA. The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.