FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on local government.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset.
Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Data Archive and we encourage you to use keyword search more datasets on the subject on Aila. In addition, datasets suitable for research on the theme may be found from other European data archives by using CESSDA Data Catalogue (Opens in new tab).
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, all related materials are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Quantitative study: Citizens' Panel on Traffic Planning in Turku: Resident Survey 2021
- Quantitative study: EVA Survey on Finnish Values and Attitudes Spring 2021
- Quantitative study: Future of Youth Work 2030: Survey 2020
- Qualitative study: Future of Youth Work 2030: Group Interviews 2020
- Qualitative study: Promoting Health and Well-being of Children, Young People and their Families in Seinäjoki: …
- Quantitative study: Mustasaari Resident Survey on Municipal Referendums 2020
- Qualitative study: Social Workers' Experiences of Political Positions of Trust 2020
- Quantitative study: Citizens' Pulse 9/2021
- Qualitative study: Public Art in Regional Planning and Development 2018-2019
- Quantitative study: Finnish Municipal Election Candidates 2017: Foreign Language Speakers
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Datasets on the theme
FSD3552 Promoting Health and Well-being of Children, Young People and their Families in Seinäjoki: Survey 2020
The survey examined the promotion of well-being and health of children, young people and their families in the city of Seinäjoki. The respondents were employees of the city working in various fields.
FSD3251 Finnish Municipal Election Study 2017
The study charted Finnish political attitudes, opinions and behaviour in the 2017 municipal elections in Finland.
FSD2942 Innovation System of Finnish Municipalities 2011
The study charted whether Finnish municipalities had innovation systems that supported their development and regeneration. Themes studied included development targets, barriers to development, strategy, and research and development activities.
FSD2623 Finnish Local Government Barometer 2010: Inhabitants
The survey studied Finnish citizens' views on municipalities and municipal service provision.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on local government should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland (Opens in new tab) also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Research data produced in Finland may also be searched via the Fairdata.fi Etsin (Opens in new tab) . Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA (Opens in new tab) . The UK Data Service (Opens in new tab) has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (Opens in new tab) . The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR (Opens in new tab) are also well worth searching.