Sexuality and Gender
FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on sexuality and gender.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Interviews with Employees and Entrepreneurs in the Private Sports and Physical Activity Sector …
- University Student Health and Well-being Survey 2021
- Men Living without a Steady Relationship 2018-2019
- Lower Secondary Student Views on Gender Roles and Life 2017-2018
- Implicit Association Test (IAT) of Gender and Occupation 2019
- Female Gamers' Experiences of Prejudice 2020
- Career Success of Men and Women in Sports Management 2013
- Significance of Gender in Basic Education 2018
- Gender Equality Barometer 2017
- EduMAP: Interviews with Adult Education Policy-Makers and Personnel on the Social Exclusion of Young …
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Datasets on the theme
FSD3345 Gender Equality Barometer 2017
The survey focused on attitudes, opinions and experiences related to gender equality in different spheres of life in Finland. The main focus was on equality in working life, education and family life.
FSD2924 Well-Being of LGBTIQ Youth 2013
The study charted the well-being of young Finnish lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transpeople, intersex and queer people.
FSD2614 Computer Gaming in the Everyday Life of Women 2008
The survey focused on Finnish women's computer gaming habits, interpersonal interaction while gaming, other people's reactions to their gaming, and views on and experiences of gender in video games.
FSD2796 Sexual Minorities at Work 2003
The survey explored the work-related circumstances and experiences of sexual minorities in Finland.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on sexuality and gender should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA . The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences . The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.