FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on students and studying.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Professional Identity and Religious Beliefs of Children's Instructor Students 2016
- Professional Identity and Religious Beliefs of Children's Instructor Students 2017
- Professional Identity and Religious Beliefs of Children's Instructor Students 2014
- Identity Horizons of Finnish Higher Education Students 2015
- Employment Survey of Tampere University Bachelor Graduates of 2015-2016
- Interviews of NEET Youth and Preparatory Vocational Education Project Workers 2013
- Well-Being of Economics and Computer Science Students 2017-2018
- Gender Equality Barometer 2017
- EduMAP: Interviews with Adult Education Policy-Makers and Personnel on the Social Exclusion of Young …
- Finnish Youth Survey 2017
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
FSD3273 School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Lower Secondary School, Grades 7-9
The data examined the well-being of Finnish schoolchildren in grades seven to nine of basic education. The themes of the survey included school conditions, social relations, possibilities of self-actualisation and state of health.
FSD3242 Vocational School Student Survey 2017
The survey studied the experiences of young people studying in Finnish vocational institutions, including their financial circumstances and housing, future plans, well-being, and leisure time.
FSD2947 Finnish Student Barometer 2012
The study charted the studies, satisfaction, motivation, well-being, values, and circumstances of students in higher education institutions in Finland.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on students and studying should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA. The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.