FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on students and studying.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset.
Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Data Archive and we encourage you to use keyword search more datasets on the subject on Aila. In addition, datasets suitable for research on the theme may be found from other European data archives by using CESSDA Data Catalogue .
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, all related materials are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Intervention Study on Increasing Physical Activity and Reducing Sedentary Behaviour of Vocational …
- Implementation of Intervention Strategies for Physical Activity Promotion in Upper Secondary …
- Interviews with Participants of NASTA Training by Women's National Emergency Preparedness …
- University Student Health and Well-being Survey 2021
- Eurostudent VI: Finland 2016
- Finnish University Graduates of Year 2015: Career and Employment Survey 2020
- Aalto University Student Union Member Survey 2020
- School Health Promotion Study: Eight- and Ninth-Graders in Basic Education and First- and …
- Medication Management Skills of Nursing Students in Finland and the Baltic Countries 2018-2019
- Attractiveness of Teacher Education: Surveys 2020
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Datasets on the theme
FSD3273 School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Lower Secondary School, Grades 7-9
The data examined the well-being of Finnish schoolchildren in grades seven to nine of basic education. The themes of the survey included school conditions, social relations, possibilities of self-actualisation and state of health.
FSD3242 Vocational School Student Survey 2017
The survey studied the experiences of young people studying in Finnish vocational institutions, including their financial circumstances and housing, future plans, well-being, and leisure time.
FSD2947 Finnish Student Barometer 2012
The study charted the studies, satisfaction, motivation, well-being, values, and circumstances of students in higher education institutions in Finland.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on students and studying should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Research data produced in Finland may also be searched via the Fairdata.fi Etsin . Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA . The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences . The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.