FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on youth.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- YouGamble 2017: Additional Finnish Data
- YouGamble 2017: Finnish Data
- Unemployed Young Adults' Perceptions of Work, Livelihood and Well-being 2016
- Multiple Rights to Study of Higher Education Students 2019
- Finnish University Graduates of Year 2014: Career and Employment Survey 2019
- Perceptions of Vocational Education: Human Resources Administration in Companies 2018
- Perceptions of Vocational Education: Lower Secondary School Guidance Counsellors 2018
- Perceptions of Vocational Education: Adult Students in Vocational Education 2018
- Perceptions of Vocational Education: Second-year Students in Vocational or General Upper Secondary …
- Perceptions of Vocational Education: Parents of Ninth-Graders 2018
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Datasets on the theme
FSD3242 Vocational School Student Survey 2017
The survey charted the experiences of young people studying in Finnish vocational institutions.
FSD3209 Finnish Self-Report Delinquency Study 2016
The survey studied the extent, frequency and nature of self-reported offending among young people in Finland as well as their attitudes towards crime and experiences of being victims.
FSD3136 Finnish Youth Survey 2016
The main theme for the 2016 Finnish Youth Survey was future. Values and attitudes on working life, environment, discrimination, safety, immigration, and private motoring were also surveyed.
FSD2924 Well-Being of LGBTIQ Youth 2013
The Well-Being of LGBTIQ Youth survey, conducted jointly by Finnish Youth Research Society and Seta - LGBTI Rights in Finland, charted the well-being of young Finnish lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender people, and intersex and queer people.
FSD2846 Youth Leisure Survey 2013
The study investigated the leisure time activities of Finnish children and young people aged from seven to 29.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on youth should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA. The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.